Thursday, April 14, 2011

Porsche Passion


From 1962 to 1965 I got the opportunity to go to summer camp for the entire summer in Nova Scotia. I was living in Northern NJ and this was quite special and a unique experience for a kid that went to public school. The experience shaped my life in many ways and this post is about one of them.
We traveled to camp by bus to Bar Harbor Maine and then sailed across the Bay of Fundy on the Bluenose ferry. It was a six hour trip and all the camp boys had the run of the ship. During the 1964 trip I was exploring the lower decks were the cars were parked, when I came upon this green 356 Porsche. In the car was an Afghan hound and just outside the car stood the owner, a young guy, probably on summer break from college, eating peanut butter and jelly. The car was packed like someone on a road trip. I remember thinking this was all very cool. I may have seen a Porsche before, but this car stuck in my mind, I was 14.

When you first start a blog you feel like you are talking to yourself...because you are!
If you do find this site please follow and comment. I know that there are many car enthusiasts out there, with stories that are more than just mechanical motorhead stuff, though that is welcome too.

No comments:

Post a Comment