Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Reliable Car for the Winter

Well! I regret that the 944 is in the garage...in a coma!
I made the classic mistake, I did NOT immediately change the timing belt, a year ago, when I brought the car and now we have damaged valves!
OK! I am an artist and not a race car driver. I am embarrassed because I am a reasonably good mechanic.
What I think happened was that I let my artist-self take control and since the car was running, I let my mind focus on styling and restorative issues. Pretty easy to do for me, but oddly it is something I often criticize my wife for doing! She is an interior designer and somethings can reverse the "Form follows Function" rule.  As I have done here. UGH!

Second mistake was to think that I could use this car, this 28 year old car, as transportation.
It is a project car. It will be fixed and it will be allot of fun.
I have replaced that idea with this 2006 4X4 pick-up truck to get me through these upstate NY winters.
On a brighter note, I did see three red 944's on the road this weekend, all driving to Limerock Raceway
 



No comments:

Post a Comment